Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2016 vnl 780 d13 vin: 955518... marker light scoop on roof…

Customer Question
2016 vnl 780 d13 vin...
2016 vnl 780 d13 vin: 955518... marker light scoop on roof of truck sustained damage... having issuses locating the damaged connecting wiring inside of cab. Do we need to run new wiring from fuse box or from the marker light switch? where is that located?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/5/2022
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 4 months ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues with your Volvo. I know this can be frustrating. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. May I also please ask with whom I have the privilege of speaking with today?
The wiring harness for the visor is attached directly to the lamps and then goes into the cab. There is an overhead harness which is part number 20913351 which the overhead console will need dropped down to access that plug and to replace the harness if needed.
we have a visor with the wiring harness for the lights. the wire from the inside the cab was damaged and there isn't enough wire left just inside of the roof to repair the damage to it. We need to run a new wire or locate that wire someplace lower so that we can circumvent the damaged portion and re-attach the required connector. where is the best place to reach the wire the fuse box or someplace else?
The best spot if you wish to run a wire lower would be to connect it inline with pin 87 of the marker lamp relay R38. The wire goes out of this relay thru the overhead harness to the sun visor harness. The wire number is *****
got a diagram... so i can show my driver?
The wiring can be found here. Please be sure to save the file as it is a one time download link. Thank you
got it... is there a map of the fusebox?
There is on the fuse box cover, yes