Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Stop engine light came on. Its the stop engine light the…

Stop engine light came...

Stop engine light came on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Its the stop engine light the stop light with the exclamation mark in it Came on this morning. I was getting ready to get ready to pull out to pick up a load

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2011 International Durastar 4400

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the car Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No that's it thank you

4/11/2022
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 7 months ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues with your truck. I know this can be frustrating. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you

On your issue, do you know what fault codes are present in the system?

one second I’ll give you the codes it’s actually a couplethe ones that say constant are PID-367 FMI 1, SPN-111 FMI 1, SPN-3251 FMI 4, and SPN-8321 FMI 12
Thank you for that. Do you have a maxxforce or Cummins engine?
Maxxforce

Okay, on your faults the spn 111 will be the one kicking the red lamp on. This fault is for coolant level critically low. I would check the coolant level and top off if needed. If the level is fine, check the resistance and connector on the sensor. The resistance should be 199.5k-220.5k ohms. If it is outside of that range the sensor will need to be replaced.

That’s help out so much! Thank you
My pleasure. Have a good day
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
You as well
Hello I have a code of SPN-597 FMI 2