Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I keep getting the same message that clears itself on my…

Customer Question
I keep getting the...

I keep getting the same message that clears itself on my 2017 gu 713.... just had sensor replaced on the DPS system and now my air conditioning doesn't work go figure. dealership using aftermarket parts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are any of the vents working properly? Do you hear noise coming from the fans?

Blower motor works fine, power to AC compressor, 3.71 Ohms when checking compressor clutch, can't figure out why coil is not getting cold and pressures appear to be 50 psi on both sides of system

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2017 Mac k Granite GU713

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the car Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Engine fan appears to never turn off

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/31/2022
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 6 months ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you
DPF system sensor replaced. immediately air conditioning stopped working

You are getting good power and ground to the compressor coil but the AC high and low are staying static?

everything thing seems fine by basic diagnostic standards. beating my head against the wall acting as if pressure switch is bad however I unplugged and jumper with a paperclip to force compressor to kick in and still did not do anythingpressure is not cycling on and off even though it's getting power and the reading across the clutch seems within normal range

Okay, the compressor clutch is either defective or the shaft that drives the rotating disc inside the compressor is bad. Are you checking the power and ground by back probing the connector when it is plugged in?

actually no, I am unplugging the connector at the compressor and taking a reading at that connector and you're showing 12 volts

Okay, I would replace the compressor. This will have the covered style clutch on it so reading pressures on the system is really the only way to tell if it is good when you have good power and ground to it

I would connect it and back probe the connector to it. That way there is a load on the circuit to make sure nothing is dropping out

the way the pool is on the front of the compressorgot you. I will check that in a couple hours and let you know.

sounds good. Thank you

thank you sirdo you prefer I use the app for continue with text messages?

Whatever works best for you. I should get your reply either way

Thanks
unfortunately after talking to you about 2017 Mack Granite air conditioning issue, I never made it back to actually back probe the compressor because the bottom of the radiator which is made out of plastic split wide open when taking off at a traffic light under a load running thru the gears. I will have it back tomorrow and first thing I will do once I get it will be checking the compressor for voltage drop...
Thank you..
Will Winter
Underwood & Associates
I now lost power coming from wiring harness going to compressorI am going to apply 12 volts directly to compressor to see if clutch is activating or not then see what’s up why I have lost supplied currentI’ll keep ya posted thx