Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2007 INTERNATIONAL 4300 WITH HYDRAULIC BRAKES. THE BRAKE…

2007 INTERNATIONAL 4300 WITH...

2007 INTERNATIONAL 4300 WITH HYDRAULIC BRAKES. THE BRAKE FLUID LIGHT COMES ON AND OFF ABS LIGHT STAYS ON AND BRAKE PRESSURE LIGHT STAYS ON BUT BRAKES WORKS FINE

Mechanic's Assistant: What happened right before the brake light came on? Is the regular brake system warning light on as well?

I DONT REMEMBER BUT WHEN I DRIVE IT THE FLUID LIGHT COMES ON AND IT MAY CUT OFF SOMETIME REGULAR BRAKE SYSTEM LIGHT I DONT THINK ITS ON

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2007 INTERNATIONAL 4300

3/29/2022
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc. What body control and ABS fault codes are logged?

Can you get pics on this?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Those are not the complete faults. Check them this way and let me know all the numbers. You only have the circuit module idenifier and not the codes.

https://youtu.be/oVoqrA-RX9E

613_14a
639_14a
611_14p
597_14p
597_14a
613_14p
2023_14p
2034_14p
639_14p
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Thank you. There should be a couple more digits after each of those codes to narrow it down further.Then I could look them up. As you posted, there would be sometimes in excess of over 100 different codes available on each of those. It's the next few digits that are going to make a difference.

Here is you first example of the 613 codes HVAC related.

613 14 1 1 N/A HVAC Control Head air inlet fault This is a motor fault in the evaporator module. This motor controls the door in the evaporator module duct. Motor in the wrong position or jammed. Refer to Recirculation Motor in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 2 N/A HVAC Control Head hot/cold temp. mix control fault This is a motor fault in the heater module. This motor controls the door in the heater module/blower scroll. Motor in the wrong position or jammed. Refer to Temperature Actuator in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 3 N/A HVAC Control Head mode control fault. This is a motor fault in the kinematic network. This motor controls the doors in the kinematic network of the heater module. Motor in the wrong position or jammed. Refer to Mode Actuator in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 4 N/A HVAC Control Head multiple motor faults. 2 or more motor faults. Motor in the wrong position or jammed. Refer to HVAC Control Head in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 5 N/A HVAC Control Head diagnostic circuit loss of communication with the ESC. Open circuit, short to ground or shorted high. Refer to HVAC Control Head in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 6 N/A AC service soon At the current operating ambient temperature the system has lost enough charge that service should be performed to insure continued AC performance. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 7 N/A AC service now - low charge At the current operating ambient temperature the system has lost so much charge that the compressor must be shut off to prevent damage to it or other system components. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 8 N/A AC service now - very low charge At the current operating ambient temperature the system has lost so much charge that the compressor must be shut off to prevent damage to it or other system components. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 9 N/A AC service now - burst pipe An almost complete loss of charge has occurred due to pipe or other component rupture. The compressor is shut off so that no damage will occur. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 10 N/A AC service now - fan problem/clogged pipe At the current operating ambient temperature the engine fan isn't working, one of the AC lines has become plugged or the system is over-charged. The compressor is shut off to prevent damage. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 11 N/A AC service now - compressor failure The compressor is not functioning Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025. 613 14 1 12 N/A AC service now - rapid cycling The compressor clutch is cycling faster than once every 15 seconds. The compressor is not allowed to operate. Refer to HVAC Diagnostics in the HVAC service manual section S16025.

Will it be the digits at the top of those numbers?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

Look in bold at these examples below. There will be two more numbers for each code.

613 14 1 2

613 14 1 11

613 14 1 12

1:1 613_14a
230:253 639 14a
1:240 639 14a
241:254 639 14a
1:0 597 14p
15:2 611 14p
1:4 613 14p
4:240 639 14p
4:2 2033 14p
150:1 2023 14p
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

639 14 1(###) ###-#### 34,35,36 ABS controller not communicating with the ESC PGN 61441-SA 11

639 14(###) ###-#### 34,35,36 Full Power Park Brake information not communicating to the ESC PGN 64998-SA 08

639 14 4(###) ###-#### 34,35,36 Engine speed not communicated to the ESC PGN 61444-SA 

639 14(###) ###-#### 34,35,36 Cruise control enable, active, state and vehicle speed not communicated to the ESC PGN 65265-SA

Do you know what part that maybe causing those problems?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 8 months ago

You unfortunately have multiple problems with this vehicle. You have some datalink communication faults with the control module on the truck as listed in the definitions for each of your codes picked up by the body control module and logged. Some of these could be caused by a loss of power and ground to the body control module, any type of corrosion or damage within the wiring and connector pins between the control modules on the vehicle, faulty fuses or relays, possible software related glitches and programming problems that would require dealer level software updates and programming with more advanced diagnostics, while some of the others as you can see listed in the explanations are unrelated problems detecting faulty switches such as the brake switch listed below or possible damaged wiring causing a short or open circuit. Website policy is one problem on a vehicle or question thread. Unrelated problems should be on a new and separate request.

2023 14 150 or 250 1 N/A Loss of data link from ESC to primary EGC (150) or secondary EGC (250) Loss of communication in excess of 10 seconds. Drivetrain J1939 data link.

2033 14 4 2 1600/6 Connector 1600 pin 6. MD - Park Position Solenoid Output open circuit. Connector 1600 Pin#6. BUS - Fog Light Command Output open circuit Connector 1600 Pin 6 open. Connector 1600 Pin#6, BUS - Fog Light Command Output, open Open circuit.

597 14 1 0 Hyd or Air n/4091 - 1600 Air w/4091 - 4004 Bus - 1602/33 Brake switch is stuck in the open or closed position Occurs if the wheel based vehicle speed increases from 0 kph to 72 kph two times without the brake switch opening or decreases from 72 kph to 0 kph two times without the brake switch closing. Defective brake switch

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Daniel Wilson