Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

No power to the main accessary relay. Truck is a 2015 model…

Customer Question
No power to the...

No power to the main accessary relay. Truck is a 2015 model 320 cab over. If I jump power to the acc relay everything works. All fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle been starting normally?

When the problem happened the driver tried to start it and hood a pop and the truck went dead in the cab I was able to jump it at the starter relay on the starter and it started fine for awhile and then quit. It had starting normal up to this point. I cleaned all battery connection to the starter still no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the approximate mileage on your 2015 Model?

Between 70k to 90 k not sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the truck Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

The starter has been replaced

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/2/2022
Technician: Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician replied 7 months ago
Nich1019
Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Nick and I'll be helping you out today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I'll be right back.

Can you provide the last 6 of the VIN please? I'll pull a schematic for you.

269925

Thank you. I'll be back in a few minutes.

Schematic: click here

Click the link above for the schematic.

What is the bec connector where does the orange wire 12-0 go from there

I will take a look. I'll be back with you shortly.

This model has different control modules as opposed to a typical Peterbilt truck. It may be a module. I'm still looking for more information for you.

Just to let you know if I jump power to the orange 12-0 wire everything seems to work. It starts and shuts off

So you're giving the orange 12-0 power at the ignition switch?

Do you have power to the red wires at the ignition switch?

No. Everything is dead at the switch. I can take power and jump to all terminals on the switch and get everything to work.where is the j6 connector locatedits also the bec connector

There isn't a routing diagram so I couldn't tell you for sure. Is there any power to the cab at all? There was an issue with some of these units where the main power cable coming into the cab was burning up due to undersized terminals.

There is a main white cable coming in to the cab that has power. Then it goes to a junction and dont where it goes from there. There is a relay it looks like a heavy duty relay that has 4 or 5 power wires going to it if I jump to the red wire that activates the relay it sends power half of the fuse panel in the cab. The other half has power always. There is power to both sides of the junction I forgot to mention. The white cable looks like its about a #3 or#4 wire

Ok, is that the WDO relay in the diagram?

It is p6 connector at the access relay. The j6 connector goes to the fuse panel in the truck. If I jump the p6 access relay everything works. Just not sure where the power comes from to this system work. What does wdo stand for

I'll have to take a better look here when I have more time. I'll get back with you on this a little later.

I'm checking out this schematic now. Does the P6 connector only have 2 pins as shown in the diagram?

I'm not sure what WDO stands for. But have you located this relay? Does it have battery voltage at pin 30?

Another question. On P6 which pin has the power supply that you're jumping to the other pin?

I figured out the problem thanks for your help
Ok, I'm glad you got it figured out! Thank you for the update.
Technician: Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician replied 6 months ago

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask! Thank you for using JustAnswer and have a great weekend!