Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

ESN 79579194 camshaft spin 3 bearings for lack of oil coming…

For Cumminsdr only. ESN 79579194 camshaft...
For Cumminsdr only.
ESN 79579194 camshaft spin 3 bearings for lack of oil coming to head, we took camshaft and bearings and rockers apart, and crank engine to find out there is no oil coming from the 2 orifice holes on each end of head,,, took oil pan down and replaced oil pump,replaced rod & main bearings even tho bearings were in pretty good shape no signs of metal, also rip apart oil filter no metal found, put everything back together still has no oil coming up to head, oil pressure gauge reads 65 psi at idle with engine cold, but no oil coming thru head, any ideas why is the rifle blocked only to come up to head? We haven't touch oil cooler yet wondering if could be a blokeage there Thanks
3/2/2022
Technician: Goody HD Tech,
 replied 6 months ago
Goody HD Tech
Thank you for using Just Answer, 

I have attached the oil flow schematics in hope that it may assist you with your issue. I have not personally run into your exact oil flow problem to the Cam bearings. I will re-open your request to the rest of the experts for their input.

Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day

Pull the front timing cover off, the oil feed line came loose or broke in the front of the head.

I hope this helps you.

Hi Wayne do you have picture of it, this is a ISX 15 cm2250

Thank you for the response.

I am sorry, I do not have a diagram, but it will be in the engine service manual and overhaul.

Lol no problem
Just to inform you this engine doesn't have the outside feed line it's all inside the head thru the main rifle from block
We blow the main rifle from different ports around the engine and piece of old clothe came out from one of the plug holes, weird but all pressure is back up to the head
Thank you

Sounds like a Techs shop rag went into the engine.

Yep that's what it was amaze how the piece made it that far
Sure is..........
Wayne, Journeyman