Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2002 mack cv713 coolant dripping driver side right oboe fuel…

Customer Question
2002 mack cv713 coolant...

2002 mack cv713 coolant dripping driver side right oboe fuel filters

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has the coolant been leaking? What color is the leaking fluid? Dark red usually indiates a transmission leak.

Probably a month looks and smells like coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2002 mack cv 713

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the car Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Truck is overheating

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/9/2022
Technician: TomcM28, Owner replied 7 months ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hello, my name is***** like to help you today. Experts are users on the site just like you, we come on to help when time allows. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Mack, I'll do my best to work with you toward a solution. Please give me a moment to review your question and I'll return shortly with my recommendation(s). In the meantime, may I ask with whom am I speaking?

Anthony
Hi Anthony! I'll be happy to assist with your coolant leak. Can you provide a complete VIN? Also, if you could provide pictures of the issue area, that would be very helpful.

I'll be going offline in about 20 minutes. I can reconnect in the morning with information.

Not near truck right now. Will contact you tomorrow
Thank you.

Very good, thank you!

Good morning. Are you able to provide any further information regarding your coolant leak?

HI. Without more information I cannot provide a specific answer. In general, if the coolant is coming from a hose check for cuts or abrasions, loose hose clamps or dry/cracked hose material. Replace or repair as necessary. If the coolant is coming from a component of the engine, remove/replace or reseal that component as necessary to repair the leak. Fill system, purge air and test run up to operating temperature. Verify that no leaks exist and check fluid level after warm up.

I hope this information helps you, my goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have follow-up questions on this same topic, use the reply box below. If you wish to ask me a question in the future on a new topic, you can feel free to add me to your favorites. I look forward to assisting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Just Answer!

Will send you pics later today.
Okay