Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2015 Mack GU with a MP8. I have no codes. When I…

Customer Question
I have a 2015 Mack...
I have a 2015 Mack GU with a MP8. I have no codes. When I try to run a regen or a crystal sub regen. I hit play in PTT. The circle of death turns but the truck will not ramp up. Anyone have this happen before?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/19/2022
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 6 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day

• Not sure what you are saying, it will not do a parked regen?
It is just stuck like this

Thank you for the response

2 things to do here, 1st Get the dealer software to do a forced regen

or remove the filter and it baked at 500 degrees for 90 minutes.

I hope this helps you.

I have the dealer software and 500 degrees is not hot enough to oxidize the soot?

That is the temp of the ovens in the dealer, I worked there, 90 minutes at 500 degrees will bake off the soot.

500c maybe 600 - 650c for 8-12 hours is industry standard. So the question is have you seen this problem. Should have seen the pic was PTT. I’m trying to figure if this is a PTT problem or a truck problem. Please resubmit my question if you have not seen this issue.

I am not here to dispute the temps, this is what the dealer did where I was,

From the manual

Bake: Bake/cool DPF for 8-10 hours to reach temperature ramps and ranges: 100-300 C (212-572 F)

depending on the soot wet or dry for the time limit.

In my opinion, it is a truck issue, the DPF filter.

PS

You can open a new question 2nd opinion, it is Free

It’s a problem with the ELD. Either interference with the CAN or not grounded properly. Once the ELD is unplugged the truck will start a regen properly.

Leave the ELD unplugged, let the Regen finish, and go from there.

There is no other problem besides the ELD is blocking the signal from the service computer to the engine computer. That was the problem.

The termination resistor at one end of the SAE J1939 data link is located in the fuse/relay center (FRC) near the vehicle elec- tronic control unit (VECU) and ECM.

Check that out.

Also, what are you calling the ELD?

Electronic logging device, gps, e log.In Mack tricks. The ELD can cause functionality issues between the truck and PTT. This ELD was hidden to the point I did not see it. Only after speaking with the installer did this whole thing start making sense. I was under the assumption that there was no ELD ant had this issue.

I am offline for the day but do check-in.

I never had the pleasure of working with the LED.

I suggest opening a new question 2nd opinion (it is Free)