Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2012 Volvo 780VNL vin# ***************** Code PSID 90 FMI 14…

2012 Volvo 780VNL vin#...
2012 Volvo 780VNL vin# *****
Code PSID 90 FMI 14
I have had the DPF cleaned and replaced all 5 sensors. I regenned it and when it was completed I still get this code.
Where do I need to start from here?
What can still be causing this?
12/14/2021
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 11 months ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues with your truck. I know this can be frustrating. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you

Well that fault is an spn 5394 fmi 14. This is not a component fault. It is labeled as a def doser on the dash but does not mean that a def doser is bad. There are a number if items that can cause this issue. This fault basically means that the nox level is higher than normal coming out of the scr cat. The basics to check on this fault is to make sure you have good def in the truck. Then you will need to make sure that your def pump is putting out 130 psi of pressure and that there is no def leaks, You will need to make sure the dpf is not passing soot, Will need to make sure that the egr valve is not sticking or the egr diff pressure sensor is not stuck, Will need the vgt turbo test ran and checked for any cac or ex leaks. Will need to make sure there is not a build up of def in the decomp tube, and if all that checks out then you will need to run it thru a regen to make sure that the outlet nox sensor is reading and is rational to see if it is a nox sensor issue or an scr issue. Thank you

Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech