Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2014 chu mp8, engine acts like out of fuel will not run. No…

Customer Question
2014 chu mp8, engine...

2014 chu mp8, engine acts like out of fuel will not run. No fuel pressure at secondary filter, have replaced lift pump blew out lines still no flow. What’s next?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long have you had problems starting the vehicle? Do any lights still turn on?

No problem until it shut off going down road. No. Lights on

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

2014 chu 613 Mack truck

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
11/13/2021
Technician: Edgar.T, Forman replied 10 months ago
Edgar.T
Edgar.T, Forman
Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today. Can you tell me what happened when the truck originally died. Was in during driving? When you say you replaced the lift pump. Do you mean the fuel pump mounted to the power steering pump?
Ran like it was out of fuelDriving down road when it cut off0 fuel flow
It can sometimes be difficult to prime the system. When the get stubborn I losses the overflow valve in the front of the cylinder head or the cylinder inlet fuel line this one can be hard to get to in your model. Remove the 1/4 pipe plug on the top of the fuel tank and with two people used compressed air to pressurize the system and the other person keep watch on the loose fuel line for fuel. Once you get fuel out the line tighten it up and use the priming pump in till it gets hard.
Can this case be closed?