Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a c7 230 hp that i am up grading to 330hp, i have the…

Customer Question
I have a c7...

I have a c7 230 hp that i am up grading to 330hp , i have the turbo and injectors but can not find the damper part # that i will need , can you help with the viscous damper for a 330 hp c7 ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

KAL 30731

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Do all c7 kal, fmm,wax, sap take the damper?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
9/22/2021
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST.  M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day.

Yes, the dampers are all the same.

Use your old one.

I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have to change the the damper for the 330hp to a viscous damper , and can not find a part # for it, KAL ,FMM, WAX, and SAP, c7 all use the same damper ?

Thank you for the response, yes, I answered above, they are all the same on the Cat C7.

Use your old one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

You are very welcome

P/N(###) ###-####/p>