Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a mack model #gu713 with a mp7 -395c and esn 556804…

hello i have a mack...
hello i have a mack model #gu713 with a mp7 -395c and esn 556804
this unit has had a def pump installed new and a hydrocarbon purge vave installed
and im getting a code read on an autell of p113300,fmi0///exhaust after treatment fuel air purge valve stuck open
it will not complete regeneration and eventually goes to limp mode if not addressed
8/20/2021
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 11 months ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you.

ok thank you

This fault code is for the ahi module. This is the module that controls the air/fuel to the 7th injector. You will need to see what the aftreatment fuel pressure is reading at key on engine off. It should read under 5 psi. If it does you will need a air pressure gauge that can be plumbed into a 1/4 line. The ahi module is mounted to the drivers side of the block at the rear under the air compressor. You will see a black 1/4 air line going into it. Remove that line and measure the pressure to it. With the vehicle fully aired up you should have between 36-40 psi of pressure. Make sure there is no oil or water present in the line. If that all is fine then you will need to replace the ahi module. Also if you are unsure of the last time it was changed I would throw a 7th injector on it as well. I am sure you do not have the flow test kit for it. If the air pressure is too low or high it will need the regulator. This is mounted to the air dryer bracket. It only has 2 lines going to it. If you have oil and/or water in the line then the air dryer will need to be serviced and the regulator along with the ahi module will need to be replaced. If anything gets in the air side of that ahi module besides dry air it causes them to be defective. Once the repair is complete you will need to perform a learned data reset with ptt and reset the injector adaptive factor and then run thru a regen. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions on this. Thank you

i have tried the learned data reset with autell it said complete I am waiting to finish download of ptt but still same code with new ahi module and air coming out of hose dry and at 40 psi could it be that my autell is not really resetting it and on ptt capable of that function. i am in process of removing 7 th injector now to see if i have a test to spray it my down load will take a few hours

It is possible that it is not resetting it. Or the injector may be plugged up

Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
i took off injector there's carbon on pretty good I'm running to nextran now to get one
solved .. found the guide in new carbon hydro purg valve in air intake side had colapse when instaling air hose changed out module and injector and reset and running regen now .. thank you good job