Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

For the pass few days I heard a funny noise in my engine…

Customer Question
For the pass few days...
For the pass few days I heard a funny noise in my engine sounds like something not spinning right so l ask a mechanic,he said it sounds like a bearing grabbing so l drop the oil pan and found a washer broken in about 6 pieces when l put the washer together it look like a 3/4 with a 1/2 hole in it the washer is not iron it look more like cast iron none of my great mechanic don’t know where it come from I’m about to take the accessory Drive off now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/13/2021
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Engine make and model? Can you attach a picture of the washer parts?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
N14 Cummins

Not my expertise lets see If we can find a Cummins guy, I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 1 year ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'd like to try and help. On your issue, I would check in the acc drive device, If you do not see any damage at that point, I would look at the air compressor. The only other spot that I can see a a piece like that is located in the gear train in the front from the thrust washers and gear stands. I hope this helps with your issue. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I’ll let you know what I come up with