Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

The ac is blowing cold and hot air. I just recharged the…

Customer Question
The ac is blowing...

The ac is blowing cold and hot air. I just recharged the system with freon. Why is it doing this

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

***************** 2018 Peterbilt 579

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed ac compressor relay, recharged ac system.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/13/2021
Technician: Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician replied 1 year ago
Nich1019
Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Nick and I'll be helping you out today.

Can you clarify the symptom you're having? Is it blowing cold air in the front and hot air in the sleeper? Or are you feeling hot and cold air in the cab?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any advice

If it's blowing hot air in the cab and cold air in the sleeper or vice versa, it's a faulty expansion valve.