Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 07 Volvo D13. The engine is mixing Diesel with the…

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 07 Volvo D13. The engine is mixing Diesel with the oil.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Volvo D13 2007. I have changed every thing i can think off that would cause that problem, including injectors. My last thing is to change the cylinder head. Is it possible that the cylinder head could have a crack and cause this to happen?

3/22/2021
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 1 year ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you

On your question, I have not seen a crack in the head that would cause this. The fuel galleys are deep in the head and that would be very unlikely that the head is cracked in that area. One thing I have seen a lot of is the fuel galley plugs leaking. If you pull the valve cover off and look behind the gear in the back of the head you will see 2 threaded plugs. I add an entire bottle of fuel dye to the filter and run the unit for about 10 mins and check the overhead with a black light. That seems to work the best. I hope this helps with your issue. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have just been informed that new injector sleeves have been fitted, but they did not put the washer on the injector before installing. Could this cause the same as i would say the injector is sitting lower into the sleeve and not sealing the diesel properly.
That should only cause a hard start. Those need to be on there though
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does have a hard start as well.
I would reseal the injectors and perform the black light test
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** go through you suggestions and let you know the results.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Update.
Found the plug on he head was lose. Tightened it and all good now.Thankyou for your help.