Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2014 volvo and i did the regen and reset dpf filter…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 volvo and i did the regen and reset dpf filter and it when out of Derate now truck has being driven for 200 miles and soot level is at 40 percent need to find out why is soot level rising so fast and no codes

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/7/2021
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 1 year ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you
When is the last time the filter has been serviced? Also has the dpf dps tubes been checked for plugging?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The dpf was service 4 days ago and doc was taken to get clean and no crystals where found on the pipes and on scr
Do you have any extended crank problem? What are the temps running while it is going thru a regen?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have tech tool and the truck does regen and soot goes to zero truck was put on scr reset to take it out of derate than truck works finne in about 30 minutes it was at 5% soot i did 185 miles of runing and now is at 40% sootThey get really hig the normal way like on other trucksIm a mechanic also but can find the problem
Here is what I usually check when I have an increase soot load issue. Make sure there are no cac system leaks, check the egr dps and make sure it reads a good zero. Check the boost pressure sensor for soot plugging. Run the egr and vgt test both hot and cold and make sure they are operating as commanded. Check the overhead adjustment and make sure the ahi module is not passing fuel as the unit is running.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything is ok