Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I av e a 2006 mack cv713 truck died, wont start. Truck

Customer Question
Hi i av e...

Hi i av e a 2006 mack cv713 truck died, wont start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Truck cranks good if a spay heater runs but soon i stio dies

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '06 car?

2006 mack cv 713 e427

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we are a shop.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have 3 powers at ec m when open ign switch

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/7/2021
Technician: TomcM28, Owner replied 1 year ago
TomcM28
TomcM28, Owner

Hi my name is*****'d like to help you today. I'm a user on here just like you, I come on to help when time allows. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your Mack, I'll do my best to work with you towards a solution.

Do you have fuel? Have you changed the fuel filters, if not start there. Check fuel lines from tank including the pick up tube in the tank. Check the transfer pump and the fuel shut-off control. Let me know what you find and we can go from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when i open the ign i have the thunder light comes on and go out in couple seconds. i checked on ecm plug i have 3 ign power, when i put my snap on scanner there is comunication, no active codes. they were few inactive codes, truck wont start, i checked on on inj pump i have no power, the fuel is ok, i am getting fuel, if i put stating fluid starts but don't stay running.

Does your scan tool read data? Can you see the engine RPM while cranking?

Have you checked all the fuses, connections at the batteries, connections at the starter, and all grounds?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on this truck what operate the injectors pump, i did replace crank and cam sensor, this truck does it need an y batt power straight to the ecm? my scan checks mostly codes and comunication.

The ECM needs direct power from the battery. There should be a fuse in the battery box that supplies the ECM power.

Did you replace the crank and cam sensor because of this issue or at a different time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
battery's are good, this truck don't have any fuse in battery's, the fuse is good on the firewall next to stering column,there is a relay inside cab, has power , i replace the relay STILL NO BATT POWER. I CAN READ COMUNICATION TO ECM, witch pin in ecm should have the batt power?i replaced the cam and crank sensor because sometime even if i don't get code the crank sensor could be faulty.are you sure these macks have batt power in batt box? i don't see any fuse link there.

Can you provide a VIN please. I am going to grab a schematic.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the last 5 of the vin is 022013 this is a model CV 713 the ecm is mounted on side of engine driver side.can you find witch pin should have power and where is coming that power.

Yes, I will get a schematic for that, bear with me. I appreciate your patience. I may need the entire VIN. I'll let you know.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ARE THE INJ PUMPS MUST HAVE POWER WHEN OPEN IGN SWITCH?I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE POWER, AND THE ECM OPERATE THE GROUNDS.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
LET ME KNOW LATER.

I will have more information on this for you tomorrow.

I have attached a wiring diagram and fuel schematic for your engine. I hope this helps you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, you did try to help me, i did much checking, and i figure it out. the oil pressure switch was the problem, the injectors power are connected with the oil pressure switch.
Great job! Glad you figured it out. Thanks for choosing Just Answer!