Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2005 Kenworth t800 with a bxs c15 Acert ran fine…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 Kenworth t800 with a bxs c15 Acert ran fine all summer and now we are pulling super bees again after pulling triable all summer and its using 2-4 laters engine oil per day

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2005 Kenworth t800 cat c15 Acert bxs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Truck Mechanic to know before I connect you?

New head 2 years ago engine complete overhaul 4 years ago

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
1/17/2021
Technician: Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician replied 1 year ago
Nich1019
Nich1019, Cummins/Caterpillar Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Nick and I'll be helping you out today. Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I'll be right with you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
guess I for got to mention it has a vva delete a computer reprogram
I apologize for the delay.Do you have visible smoke coming from the blowby tube?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ya seems normal
More than likely the oil consumption is due to piston rings and liner wear. In some cases you'll have oil consumption from valve guides and/valve guide seals, but it isn't common in this engine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've owned the truck from new and had several motors done just seems odd the way it's using oil and where is it going
I would have a repair shop perform a blowby test to see how much blowby you actually have. You could also perform a compression test and that may indicate ring and liner wear.They only other thing that I can think of is a turbo pushing oil. You can inspect the piping from the turbochargers, both inlet and outlet to check for oil.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have checked all the pipingThis truck is turned up to 650 hp bust has been for a few years still makes 54 lbs of boost I have trucks with the acert mxs engine the same vva delete and same horse power running 45 lbs of boost and run fine
Ok in that case I'd perform a blowby test and see how much blowby there is. I'm pretty sure your issue will be the rings and lo
Iiners. Also check your air intake piping from the filters to the turbo inlet. Check for signs of dirt intrusion from leaks in the system.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last time it was dusted the bottom of the truck was covered in oil from the blowby and it was unreal how much blowby it had this time no oil and normal blowby

Hello, just checking in with you. Were you able to find out what the problem was?