Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2004 c4500 with p0193 and p0090 replaced the regulator and…

2004 c4500 with p0193...

2004 c4500 with p0193 and p0090 replaced the regulator and the sensor ,no start,and the codes wont clear ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Fuel rail pressure sensor and rail pressure regulator

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Chevy?

Lb7 c4500 kodiak

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the wiring replace the sensor and regulator and tried to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

1/5/2021
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. We are here to help you solve your issues and we may ask questions to you to help us understand the issue

Good afternoon

Let me check the codes for you.

Roy

193 code. I attached the description and the flow chart.

Roy

DTC P0193

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The engine control module (ECM) monitors the fuel rail pressure (FRP) via a FRP sensor. When the FRP is high, the signal voltage is high. When the FRP is low, the signal voltage is low. If the fuel rail pressure is above the upper limit for the sensor, DTC P0193 will set.

DTC DESCRIPTOR
This diagnostic supports the following DTC:
DTC P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
- DTC P0642 or P0643 is not set.
- The ignition is ON.
- The system is not in Powerdown mode.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The ECM detects the signal circuit is more than 175 MPa.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS
- The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
- The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The control module stores this information in the Freeze Frame/Failure Records.
- The control module limits fuel injection and FRP.

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC
- The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
- A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
- A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
- Clear the MIL and the DTC with a scan tool.

2ab4f48c-99b8-4bcd-8dfc-...JPG2ab4f48...JPG3f005c94-4884-4042-b511-...JPG3f005c9...JPGfee21b73-4767-49b6-b424-...JPGfee21b7...JPG14e29262-248e-4746-8106-...JPG14e2926...JPGb417b6dc-db93-43a6-8ba2-...JPGb417b6d...JPG47e573cc-6653-44f4-808f-...JPG47e573c...JPG

90. Since you replaced the regulator, good chance you need an eCM which would be common to both codes.

Roy

NOTE: The content of this article/image reflects the changes called out by TSB: 05-06-04-039.

DTC P0090

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION
The engine control module (ECM) supplies power and ground to the fuel rail pressure (FRP) regulator. The ECM monitors current on the circuits to detect a failure. If the current is outside of the expected range, DTC P0090 will set.

DTC DESCRIPTOR
DTC P0090 Fuel Pressure Regulator Control Circuit

CONDITIONS FOR RUNNING THE DTC
- The ignition is ON.
- The commanded FRP regulator current is between 400-1,500 mA.

CONDITIONS FOR SETTING THE DTC
The FRP regulator circuit current is not between 50-1,600 mA.

ACTION TAKEN WHEN THE DTC SETS

CONDITIONS FOR CLEARING THE MIL/DTC

DIAGNOSTIC AIDS
There are no driveability concerns associated with the FRP regulator unless a DTC is present. The most likely cause of this DTC is a sticking FRP regulator.
If the fuel system pressure is actually too high, a fuel knock and smoke condition will exist.

roybelding
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks. ***** or tips or trouble shooting procedure to verify that it is the ecm

You need an advanced scan tool that can give you the information the flow chart wants.

Please be patient, I am answering many questions.

Roy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok ty so much roy

You are welcome

Roy