Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Can you tell me what size of motor this detroit diesel is #

Can you tell me...

Can you tell me what size of motor this detroit diesel is # 473910S0530255

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trying to find out if this motor is a DD15 or DD16

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe the torque of the motor if he can

10/24/2020
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

What is the VIN of the truck and truck chassis info?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry dont have that info right now but i can tell you that it is in a 2017 freightliner
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

If you can get me that VIN number and the truck information when you get a chance it would be extremely helpful. I am in the US and the engine number for some reason is not coming up in my system for some reason.

Click on these links for the specs and photos of each model.

DD16 specs:

https://freightliner.com/demand-detroit/engines/dd16/

DD15 specs:

https://freightliner.com/demand-detroit/engines/dd15/

DD15 gen5:

https://freightliner.com/demand-detroit/engines/dd15-gen-5/

Look at the LH side of the valve cover for the ID differences.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Serial #A472 051 11 02 is the number on the top side of the engine
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago

That is a rocker box casting/part number for a DD15. Click on this link for more FYI.

https://www.paylesstruckparts.com/parts/inventory/11412/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3AKJGND17JDJ5214 serial #2017Freightliner
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
Not a valid VIN... Looks like some digits are missing. Please double check that VIN number.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3AKJGND17JDJ5214 that’s all I have for numbers
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3AKJGND17JDJY5214 found one more letter
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 year ago
This is what comes up. Click below.... As far as any build sheets, you would have to get those direct from a Freightliner dealer.
Daniel Wilson