Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I need the files for the cat c15 injectors. I have the

Customer Question
I need the files...

I need the files for the cat c15 injectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the make, model, and year of your car?

I have the number of each injector

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the approximate mileage? When did you last have it serviced?

600000

Mechanic's Assistant: The Mechanic will know how to help. Anything else you want them to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
I need the files of the injectors of a cat c15
9/23/2020
Technician: cat_engines_only, Other replied 2 years ago
cat_engines_only

I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

Are you still looking for help with this?

If so, please post the serial numbers of the injectors with a comma separating each one.

I need to program the injectors to a cat c15

Your questions was about the files for the injectors, is this correct?

Is correctcan you help me with that ??

Yes

Please post the serial numbers of each injector with a comma separating each number.

do they have a code each ??

This requires CAT ET to perform an "injector trim file" calibration. Each injector must have its unique file uploaded to the ECM.

ok but how can I get the files

I am sending you a link to down load the files saved in a zip folder.

Exact the files to you laptop with CAT ET and save them for uploading to the ECM.

Ok thanks

Trim files attached. Do not open or modify the trim file, just extract it and then it can be uploaded to the ECM.

What are the confirmation codes?

Use the numbers at the end of the serial number.

The last one I did only need a four digit number. Did you notice a four number code somewhere next to the serial number?

What is the serial number of this engine?

NXS20404
I only had two numbers

I work on equipment and a few industrial engines. It is rare for me to work on a truck specific engine so I can't say which code is the correct code. The service manual only shows the four digit number and the engines I have done used a four digit number. I cannot find any details related to any longer codes.

I already put the trim of the injectors but when it accelerated they cutwhen the truck starts it does well but after 10 or 15 minutes it starts to fail

That sounds like a fuel supply problem. I would monitor fuel pressure under load and see how much it drops. 100 psi is good, below 80 psi is low, any lower is bad.

Look for damaged hoses, damaged filters or cracked housings.

Also, check transfer pump for problems.

is that I put another ECM on it and it does the same but with the other one it almost does not fail and when I accelerate it it marks me that the injectors are cut

I am sorry, I don't work on truck engines. I am afraid I don't understand what you mean.

I have had problems with engine ECMs on all different engine types but, usually, a different ECM will not have the same injector driver failure.

Any problem seen by the ECM should create and active and logged fault code.

The few I have replaced related to a driver failure would not run or had a dead misfire on a cylinder. One did run fine for 30 seconds and then shutoff to not start again until the next day. Another ran fine for a few minutes and then had a misfire the would not go away until the ECM cooled off for several hours. Both were fixed with a new (REMAN) ECM.