Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I am swapping an unknown n14 engine into a 95 T800b. I have…

Customer Question
I am swapping an unknown...
I am swapping an unknown n14 engine into a 95 T800b. I have looked up the original engine number for the truck, and compared it to the data plate on the ecm, and they don't match. the ecm is an esp III but the the vin shows it had a 460E. The CPL #s are the same, but the configurations are different and the fuel pump calibrations are different.
I assume the engine isn't original, or the ecm was swapped from a different engine. The engine I plan to swap has no data plate. I am thinking it must be a celect plus engine since the data plate on a plus is located on the ecm, and it doesn't have an ecm.
Long story short, can I use this ecm on this engine?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
6/11/2020
Technician: cumminsdr, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. A celect plus ESN has a data tag on the gear housing and is also stamped on the engine block either on the block under the rear head on the fuel pump side. or on the exhaust side block rear. You may be able to use the ecm if it connects to the existing harness and connectors and is calibrated for that engine and the OEM parameters are installed by Cummins . You will need to contact Cummins for ECM programing and OEM parameters install