Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2009 Volvo vnl semitruck, it's giving me this issue…

Hi I have a 2009...
Hi I have a 2009 Volvo vnl semitruck, it's giving me this issue in the morning when I first started it it takes at least 20 seconds to turn on . Once its warmed up its starts no problem. I changed the fuel filters thought that was the problem. I got this check engine. And it saids "Fuel feed pressure " picture attached. Thanks for any help .
3/11/2020
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I see your picture says low air pressure?

Thank you for the response.

What you are describing is the fuel is leaking back down to the tank.

This can be caused by a weak transfer fuel pump.

I suggest replacing the pump.

I hope this helps you.

where is the fuel pump located? how labor intensive is the replacement?⁰also anyway you could get a part number for this trucks fuel pump?

Thank you,

What is the make and model of the engine?

2009 Volvo d13

Behind the fuel filters.

Click the link below to see a picture.

Wayne, Journeyman