Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Have code P26047f and P26067f. 2015 Volvo 780 d13. Fixing…

Customer Question
Have code P26047f and...

Have code P26047f and P26067f

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2015 Volvo 780 d13

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Truck Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also has acm fault and was in derate but not at this moment

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
2/29/2020
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 2 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues with your truck. I know this can be frustrating. Please allow me a few moments to look over your question and I will be right back with you. Thank you
Ok
Would you happen to have the last 6 of the vin?
179456
Both of those faults are not listed in the updated fault guide. It does state that the calibration is not up to date in VDA which means the software needs updated in both the acm and the ecm. When revisions are made to fault codes they remove them from the list with Volvo during software revisions. I would have the software updated and this should take care of your issue. I hope this helps. Thank you
I will try that.
Could these faults be creating and ACM fault?
The aftertreatment system is derating the truck
A lot of times the revisions will cut back the sensitivity of a component so it may be a ghost fault that the ecm is reading improperly
Where would the revision have come from. The truck has not been in the shop recently
The software revisions happen all the time. The revision is an update Volvo does to change settings in software as problems occur down the road. They are always making changes.
but how is the revision getting into the software in the truck when the truck is not plugged in to laptop at a shop?
I am sorry there is a miscommunication on this. The software is already in the truck. The revision is just an update to the software. When the truck is connected to the PTT software, it pulls the revision from Volvo central systems to programs it into the module being programmed in the truck. This is all handled by Volvo and the computer and com adapter are just the link to deliver the software updates to the truck
to clarify, if the truck has not been to Volvo it won't have received a revision.
It's not receiving a revision wirelessly
that is correct. Now on the 2019 model years Volvo is experimenting with remote updates but that will be a few years away yet before it is standard on the new trucks
maybe the revision as a cause for these codes is not right since they've come up with a visit to the dealer
They are always changing the sensitivity and deleting fault codes that create a false positive which is what is happening in this case