Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a Mack Chu613 with a mp8 engine 505 with a 13 speed…

Good morning Mike Mechanic's...

Good morning Mike

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

I have a Mack Chu613 with a mp8 engine 505 with a 13 speed 2012

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have the lightning bolt sign on I have the abs light on an the ATC light on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Truck Mechanic to know before I connect you?

My speed sensor I replaced it but when it rains my speed sensor cuts out and I lose power

I replace the speed sensorI have not disconnected the ground cables from the battery yet I guess that's to reset the computer
1/16/2020
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 2 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. I am sorry that you are having issues with your Mack. I will do everything I can to help you out. Typically what happens on these if the issue arises when it rains is due to a chaffed or rubbed wire in the chassis harness. The best way I have found to find this is to connect a meter to the faulted sensor on the chassis side of the connector. Turn the key on and monitor voltage with your meter. It should be around 5v. Move the harness around watching for any voltage fluctuations. In which when it does that is the part to investigate further. Most of the time the rubs are near the rear axles or in the center of the frame. Thank you and have a nice day
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Thanks