Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Mack rd 2000-If I run at 2000rpms truck loses power Ike not…

Customer Question
Mack rd 2000-If I...

Mack rd 2000-If I run at 2000rpms truck loses power Ike not getting fuel then shuts off even if I drive it an try to get in high hear

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace fuel filter check lines for clogging

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
12/9/2019
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 2 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. I am sorry that you are having issues with your Mack. On your issue one thing that I would check is the fuel pump gear. We have had issues with these slipping and when max fuel is needed they will slip and sometimes will stop all together causing the engine to die. I would also check the wiring for the cam sensor and make sure the connections are good and no obvious wiring issues. If those are fine I would check the unit for faults and view the sensor data while in operation. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions on this. Thank you
Thanks Mike I wa thinking the same thing about the pump I'm the tech working on itSounds like slipping on the pumpWill it also make the truck smoke white when die out
it can and will due to the lack of fuel
Muffler also has big hole feels like no back pressure will this cause power loss when trying to get high gears Mike
No. That will not cause a power loss
Replace the fuel transfer pump when I drive it an get into 5th gear starts losing power and kicking white smoke injectors maybe

It is a possibility. The other thing i would suggest is connecting a fuel pressure gauge and make sure the pressure is not tanking when this happens.

Tanking meaning what dropping