Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Steven I have a question I just put my Volvo back together…

Good morning Steven I have...
Good morning Steven I have a question I just put my Volvo back together and the transmission goes in gear but it's not engaging I did have the top plate off to replace the gasket and the clutch is not going all the way down it is hydraulic
5/20/2019
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 3 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name isSteve and I will be assisting you with your question. The clutch is unrelated to the main box. Have you made sure the release fingers are on the right side of the throwout bearing?
sir it is just to let you it's a self adjustment clutch in it
Is the clutch pedal stopping when pushing it down? How far from the floor does it stop
It stops a few inches but if I would to go and turn the bleeding screw it would go all the way
Okay. Is the throwout bearing hitting the clutch brake? It could be the clutch is adjusted too far
it is hitting it if it's out to far can it be adjusted being its a self adjusting clutch
Is this an Eaton solo you have in it?
No it another brand that volvo carries I believe it's called road choiceIt is called road choice truck parts is the name of the company that's make the clutch
Okay. Road choice is an aftermarket company. Do you recall if the pressure plate said Eaton on it?
No I don't remember seeing Eaton on it
Okay. Does it have a slot where it has a new and old marking with a plastic tab sticking out? I just want to make sure I get you the right instructionsDid the clutch have caging bolts in it also
No sir that's what caught me off guard from the Eaton I could actually pick them up one by one
Does it have any adjuster that you can see? I work for a dealer and we do not use the road choice clutches. We use other road choice products. Just not the clutches.
I can seeitIt had some yellow paint on it
Is there anyway you can upload a picture of it? Thanks
I can soon as I get to the shop
Would that stop the clutch from engaging like I put the truck in gear and I get nothing but the reverse light comes on when in reverse with me having removed the shifter plate effect that
If it has caging bolts it will.
Ok so that means I put the shifter plate on right then
If you can feel it go into all the gears then yes.
Ok sounds good

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions on this. Thank you and have a nice day.

Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech
Hey Steve could you give again how much freon goes in a Volvo 670 vin 401036
3.73