Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

2012 ISX CUMMINGS DPF WAS BY PASS CHANGED CAC BUR BEFORE IT…

Customer Question
2012 ISX CUMMINGS DPF...

2012 ISX CUMMINGS DPF WAS BY PASS CHANGED CAC BUR BEFORE IT WAS AND STILL BLOWING OUT TURBO AND MOUNTING GASKET FOR TURBO IT IS GETTING TO HOT

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2012 KENWORTH T600

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I FOUND CHARGE AIR COOLER LEAKING AND REPLACED IT BUT IM ALSO GETTING CODES 2346 0559 IM THING THAT MY BE THE FUEL PUMP

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

YES THE ENGINE WAS REBUILT ALSO IT RAN GOOD FOR 3 MONTHS AND THEN THE SAME PROBLEM STARTED AGAIN

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/10/2018
Technician: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech replied 3 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Triage Tech

Hello, My name is***** am a cummins certified tech with a dealer. Please allow me to assist you with your issue. Would you still like to discuss this issue over the phone? If so I am available. Thanks

No ill chat i think i found the problem when he deleted the dpf they put plates at intaks pipe and blocked off egr cooler i think that why the exhaust is getting to hot

Is the unit programmed to bypass the egr valve? If it is that is normal to have that plate there. It helps to isolate a number of different places for cac leaks and that way it shrinks the size of the cac system to have to fill up to charge the system