Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a t4.75 that loses power when it is hot and below…

Customer Question
I have a t4.75...

I have a t4.75 that loses power when it is hot and below half tank of fuel. The dealer has changed pickup lines and fuel filters twice. Still has same problem. This tractor has only 170 hours. Also, there are no computer alarms during these episodes.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model T4.75 serial is ZFAHO1818

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only, I am running out of warranty this August

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
7/11/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 9 days ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

I worked as service manager for a New Holland dealer, but this one came after me! Looking at the parts manual, I see no fuel pump. I see the fuel filter, and lines and tank suction, and a primer pump, but no fuel transfer pump, manual or electric.?? When you see this in a gravity flow system, the fuel filter can have too much restriction and as the fuel in tank decreases, the fuel pressure decreases and fuel will not go through the filter in the quantity needed. With the special fuel fitting used, you can't do a lot of testing.