Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International and Isuzu trucks , International, Maxxforce, Cummins and Isuzu engines, Diagnostic and electrical troubleshooting specialist , Hvac and truck /trailer refrigeration troubleshooter
30303843

I have a 2004 International 4300 truck with a dt466. Truck

Customer Question

I have a 2004 International 4300 truck with a dt466. Truck is going into limp mode and throwing 2 codes consistently. Using a DPA5 and servicemax I recorded the sensors data. It consistently will throw the code when the desired injection pressure is much higher than the actual injection pressure.
I have replaced with genuine oem parts, the IPR, the ICP sensor, pressure checked the gas tank, replaced all the rubber grommets on the steel fuel lines. 2 active faults, 1st is: Injection control pressure 725.19 psi PID 164 FMI 0 the second is: Injection control pressure 4022.53 psi PID 164 FMI 10. I changed oil oil filter, fuel filter as well. Still same code and truck goes into limp mode consistently. It will start and run at low speed below 30 and throws codes after trying to go faster. Last 8 of Vin: H650956
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The servicemax data dump is attached, dtc happens at row 97 then limp mode is engaged
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Hi there . My name is ***** ***** Are those the only 2 faults you have going on currently ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
did you read the servicemax data dump log file?
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.
Sorry... I do not usually use that method so I am not familiar with it . We record performance snapshots and review graphs to compare ICP desired against injection control pressure . I will look up and send the troubleshooting steps later today after work if that's ok with you .
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Would you like the troubleshooting steps for these two faults? I can help you with that for sure and tell you what I usually see associated with these faults.

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.
Hi there. Just looking for an update on this. Do you still need help? Let me know. Thank you
Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Is there something wrong? Do you still need help ? Let me know . Please take the time to rate my service as this is the only way I am rewarded on here ! Thank you .

Expert:  Andy replied 4 months ago.

Hi there . Just checking in . Is there anything else I can do for you ? Let me know . And please do take the time to rate my service to you . It's how I am rewarded on here for my efforts in helping out . Thank you .