Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

No power to ac compressor and intermittent (with occasional…

Customer Question
No power to ac...

No power to ac compressor and intermittent (with occasional bulb failure in left rear brake/signal bulbs). Truck runs great but will not clear code 29:2 612-14A

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

We have replaced both thermistors. pulled 30 ohms 0n top one, onlt 3 on the line side.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/31/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** is the year and Chassis model of your truck? I can see that it's an international truck just from experience and the fault codes that you have listed however it doesn't tell me what chassis such as 4200 or 4300 xcetera... Let me know and we can follow up as needed on here.
8216;07 international 4300, dt466, Alison auto.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
612
14
29
2
4004/Bus 1602 7
Connector #4004/Bus 1602 Pin #7 Inlet HVAC thermistor out of range high
Bus - Not Used
Thermistor open circuit.
replaced both yesterday
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Take a close look at your thermistors near the firewall and the wiring in connector pins to your thermistors. The most common cause of this is either an open circuit in the wiring to your thermistors or faulty thermistors over near your dryer close to the firewall on the passenger side. Check for broken or corroded wires in the wiring a connector pins and if okay replace your thermistors and check for damaged pigtails to them as well. Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
If the thermistors are new there is a common problem with the wiring and pigtails for the thermistors as well so check for that thoroughly. Also check your relays in the circuit as well as your fuses.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Connector 4004 bus 1602 pin number 7 which is your Inlet thermistor circuit saying there is an open circuit in that circuit. Test your thermistor wires and inspect them thoroughly for any damage or corroded pins Etc.
connectors were replaced, wiring looked good a far back as traced. Fuses all checked out okay. do you know which relay I would be looking at in the engine compartment fuse box? None seem to be labeled specifically. I'm leaning to a glitch in the body controller.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago

I sent an offer for full diagram in file sharing if interested. Let me know once accepted and I will know to post the link on my next login

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Be sure that you didn't just visually inspect your wiring because a visual inspection will show the obvious if there is damage however it will not tell you if corrosion or any of the connectors or not making contact that you can't see and it will not tell you if a ground is not making good contact. It will also not tell you if the proper voltage is going through the circuit as well so you will need to test the circuit with a voltmeter and ohmmeter for continuity and grounds