Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Dash air replaced compressor added 36 oz ref. Checked fuse…

Customer Question
Dash air replaced compressor...

Dash air replaced compressor added 36 oz ref. Checked fuse 20amp says a/c comp. cchecked ok, but I do not have 12 volts at the comp.what else should I be looking for?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mod 4uzacgcy7fcg. Ser# ***** Tiffin Rv

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/31/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** you do not have power to the compressor clutch and all your fuses and relays all with 100% certainty test good then you want to thoroughly inspect your wiring at the pressure sensors in the AC circuit and if the wiring test good with no opens then you can have faulty pressure switches or possibly not enough system charged yet to activate the switches to allow the clutch to engage. To check for this you can run a jumper to bypass the pressure switches and see if your clutch will engage. Check the sight glass in the receiver drier to see if you are getting air bubbles in the system that would indicate not enough system charge yet. Another thing to check for is your system pressures as you can charge by pressure using the standard Automotive 134a pressure charging chart. You will need to go by your outside temperature to know what part of the chart to U depending on your outside temperature. Using a manifold gauge set you can compare your pressure readings to see if you're within the range you should be for a full system charge. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. We can follow up as needed on here. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.