Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 2017 peterbilt wipers and washer not working

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 peterbilt wipers and washer not working checked fuses and wiring

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2017 peterbilt with paccar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses and wiring

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/31/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** be glad to help. This truck has Multiplex electrical. This means there are multiple modules that are programmed and communicate with each other. The switches are programmed as inputs on the modules and then the components that the switches control are programmed as outputs on the modules. So since you have the wipers not working you need to see if you have output voltage and also good ground at the wiper motor itself. If so in there is no response from the motor then it points to a faulty motor. If there is no signal or voltage or ground to the wiper motor and also none coming out of the CECU then that points to a possible faulty cecu if the switched input checks out good and it is getting switched input to turn that function on. If so it can be a software-related issue or a problem with the CECU... If the input is not testing good then it can be a switch problem which you should also test with your voltage and ohm meter. A lot of these body controller functions when they are not working will throw a body controller fault code. Please post any fault codes you have logged in any of the modules. Reply back with the results and if we need to dig deeper into this. If needed I could likely help out with some technical information on the circuits as well. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 months ago
Also click below. You will see all your wiper and washer pump circuit inputs and outputs on each of the connectors. Those are where you are going to want to test and if all your inputs and outputs test good then you are looking at possible software-related issues requiring it to be plugged in to the dealer level software for software updates and programming. Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Also if interested I will send over a phone call offer if you would like to chat on the phone if it makes it easier.