Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Just put new injectors in my 3126 mechanical and I'm not…

Customer Question
Just put new injectors...

Just put new injectors in my 3126 mechanical and I'm not sure if I got the synchronizing block right I use the 3.0 block and not the 3.5 block and I'm idling Act 902 a thousand RPMs and I can't get it down the idle adjustment screw on the governor is locked up but before I go messing with that I wanted to make sure that I didn't use the wrong synchronizing block is the reason why it's causing it

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Well it's not a truck it's a boat and it's a 3126 caterpillar mechanical-8

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Customer:

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/29/2018
Technician: Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert replied 2 months ago
Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.
No. You used the correct block. Plus. Synchronizing should not affect the idle rpm. However if the rack is binding and not free and loose. It can affect the idle rpm.
You could try adjusting the low idle screw on the governor. If it does not change the rpm. I would suspect the rack is binding.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Thanks
You are very welcome my friend. I am happy I could help.