Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

My 1920 New Holland had a fuel leak and my nephew ran it out…

Customer Question
My 1920 New Holland...

My 1920 New Holland had a fuel leak and my nephew ran it out of fuel. Now only three of the four cylinders are working. The front cylinder closest to the radiator is not injecting fuel. How do I clean the clog in the fuel line?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not at tractor this moment but I bought it in 1999 new.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment, Thank You.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/29/2018
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

It does sound like you have debris in the fuel rail/line at this injector as it will collect most at the front cylinder injector. Usually, with the engine off you can loosen the injector line and see if any debris comes out. In some cases, you can loosen the line slightly and crank over the engine to see if it will blow any debris out. But in some cases, the injector has to be removed to clean off any debris on its input port to resolve this issue as it can settle on top of the injector input port.

One of these ways here will clear up the clog in the line or injector feed.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete