Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Codes my 2012 freightliner cascadia is giving me fault 1 cab…

Customer Question
codes my 2012 freightliner cascadia...
codes my 2012 freightliner cascadia is giving mefault 1cab 33spn 522108fail 05fault 2chs 71spn 520919fail 05fault 03eec 61spn 4364fail 18fault 04eec 61spn 3364fail 02fault 05sys 58spn 523318fail 07diag 05and will not regen, check engine light on and service engine light on. Bought these trucks 2 of them rebuilt engines on 2012 Freightliner Cascadia not even 2 month ago. Other 1 even had brand new one box. Not owned a month and most of the time in the shop and last weekend with showing me no codes. All the sudden it started engine shut down alarms going off pulled off the road got roadside assist out there they tried to start to regen and it threw a rod through my engine. Trucks scrap parts now but leasing company wanted to blame driver and roadside for starting it. They had to start it to see if the could fix it wasn’t showing us codes. They tried to put blame on driver for not stopping sooner but he had no reason too. Just because they pulled codes and times on them now doesn’t mean we were getting them and roadside filled oil and coolant right before they tried to restart to do regen. It was just under but that makes no sense either just paid to have coolant leak fixed and leasing company tried to say it had no def was bone dry. It had def two bars and was going to the truck stop. Then tried to tell me they were gonna find me a pre def truck as a replacement since def has been all the problems. No way was I letting that go I paid all this money for a rebuilt engine so
It was at like zero miles and a brand new one box. It only took two Florida loads and that was the first time it was leaving the state in the month I had it it was in the shop More then the road and engine and one box are under warranty. They need to replace with same truck and refund me all lost money and money I paid for rebuilt engine and brand new one box.So now this trucks throwing codes again and I don’t want to have this same problem. I know what most codes are but makes no sense. Someone please help.Had def system cleaned in this truck and doser sensor replace a couple months ago. Not even 2. Why am I having these problems again?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/26/2018
Technician: roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks replied 2 months ago
roybelding
roybelding, Shop Foreman Freightliner trucks

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

sorry for the delay

I was traveling today

let me look them up

Roy

I took care of it already it’s been to a shop and I looked then all up myself no need for you to respond.

sounds good

5 requests for the same thing??

I thought you took care of it???

do you still need help???