Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Low coolant alarm and no low coolant !! Driving me !!! Low…

Customer Question
Low coolant alarm and...

Low coolant alarm and no low coolant !! Driving me nuts!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Low coolant warning and no low coolamt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Filled coolant. Just want it off

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
5/25/2018
Technician: Pete, Automotive Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Pete, Automotive Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Unfortunately usually what causes this fault here is a faulty engine coolant level sensor. My info isn't showing exactly where yours is located but most are in the coolant reservoir itself. In some cases it will develop an air bubble around it and smack on the side of the reservoir will free up the bubble to resolve this fault. But in most cases, the sensor itself fails and has to be replaced. Models that do have this sensor in the reservoir itself usually require reservoir replacement as usually the sensor cannot be replaced separately.

It should be a two wire sensor and you can sometimes unplug it and the warning may go off. But if it does not then it will have to be replaced unfortunately to turn off this alarm as I do not see a way to bypass it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete