Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I didn't have Any communication between controler and

Customer Question
I didn't have Any...

I didn't have Any communication between controler and monitor. The yellow light turn on atterrit master switch is on for 3 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

315L 1995 6Y 0005.....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I did replace the contrôler by an used one. After reconnect the plugs. Turned on the master switch. The green light turn on, at this point, the monitor turn on and goes off after 3 second than the yellow light turn on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is the voltage on the data + and data -. Between controller and monitor?

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
315L 1995, 6ym00559.
The first controller was broken. I had to replace it by a used one . Since i connected the controller, key switch on , the green light goes on and the monitor goes on too but after 3 second, the monitor turn off and the yellow light on the controller goes on. did check the meaning of the yellow light and the book said '' no communication between the controller and the monitor, checks harness. DATA+ OK , DATA- OK , B+ OK, GROUD OK. I have 15 volts etheir on the data + and data- , It is ok???
4/3/2018
Technician: cat_engines_only, Other replied 18 days ago
cat_engines_only

I haven't done this so, I am only posting what I can find in SIS.

It looks like voltage from connector a (40 pin) pin #30 to pin #40 will provide 3.3 to 3.9 volts or 2.2 to 3.5.

Reading pin #40 to ground will provide 0.4 to 1.2 volts.

This is the only spec' shown.

It also, recommends following testing for E36 error code. See below;

E36 - Monitor Takes At Least One Second To Respond To Controller's Signal

This error code is present when the controller senses that the monitor takes too long to respond to the controller. The possible causes of this fault are:

a. Harness wiring from controller to monitor is faulty.

b. No +battery or ground to monitor (Stored error code only).

c. Monitor is faulty.

d. Controller is faulty.

NOTE: If the error code is F36 (logged fault), check the harness wiring (data link) from the controller to the monitor and the harness wiring from power and ground to the monitor for intermittent open circuits.

1. CHECK INDICATORS - Turn the disconnect and key switches to the ON position. Do not start the engine. Check the monitor for a FLASHING monitor or controller alert indicator.

* Only the monitor alert indicator is ON or FLASHING; the monitor is faulty. Replace the monitor panel.

* Only controller alert indicator is ON or FLASHING; the monitor is correct. Follow the procedure Controller Status Indicators under the topic Troubleshooting Undetected Faults.

* Controller and monitor alert indicators are ON or FLASHING; the monitor is correct. Follow the procedure Controller Status Indicators under the topic Troubleshooting Undetected Faults.

* No indicators are ON or FLASHING; Go to Step 2.

2. CHECK MONITOR OPERATION - Use the digital input function of the Data Mode to check the engine speed dial position. The position shown on the display should match the position selected by the engine speed dial switch. Move the switch to other positions, the position shown on the display should change to match the switch position. Turn the wipers ON and OFF, make sure the wiper indicator lights turn ON and OFF.

* Operation seems correct; the monitor is correct. The error code was intermittent. Turn the key switch OFF for five seconds and ON again. Verify the real time error code is no longer shown.

* Monitor does NOT seem to operate correctly; the monitor panel is faulty. Replace the monitor.

Please let me know what you find. I will be glad to help more if needed.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
Base on the fact we just had very big snow storm . I didn't have time to go back in the wood to work on this machine. Thanks for the info. As soon as i have a chance i will let you know.Thanks!
Technician: cat_engines_only, Other replied 14 days ago

Ok, thanks for the update. Hopefully, the question links will continue to work. Old questions often drop off when no postings are seen.

Just let me know when you get a chance to test it.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Ok, have à good weekend.

Thanks, ***** ***** the weather will clear for you soon. It has been reaching the 70's done here and looking dryer.

Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson