Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

05 freightliner century series 60 ---sat all winter--started…

Customer Question
05 freightliner century series...

05 freightliner century series 60 ---sat all winter--started it this morning and all was well. pulled around to the shop and noticed the air press. dropping-- parked and pulled brake knob to let it build press. but did not.go above 60psi

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1FUJBBCK05LU42492

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Held pressure for an hour--started truck and hit brake pedal a few times to draw down more air --went to 40lbs and stayed without building any more press.---have sprayed soap on all connections I can find --no evidence of leaks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/2/2018
Technician: Don, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Don
Don, Journeyman

Hi there my name is don i will try to help you on this

did you disconnect your discharge at the compressor to see if it is full f carbon

Please note during the question period there will not be any charge for me until we come to a answer that solves your problem

Don