Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

It will not do a parked regen. 2008 peterbuilt pb335

Customer Question
Second opinion] It will...

Second opinion] It will not do a parked regen

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2008 peterbuilt pb335 cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to get it to do a parked regen. I have put it park it is neutral cruise is off the regen light is on. I have pushed the regen switch for about 3 minutes and nothing has happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is this free?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/31/2018
Technician: Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician replied 3 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

I see you requested a second opinion on this. Not sure if the first response is helpful or not. I can't see it so that the responses are just that, a second opinion.

Have you tried getting the truck onto the highway at operating temps to see if the passive regen will perform on its own? Sometimes that can resolve the issue.

I have seen where the switches don't work properly which won't allow the regen as well as a fault code in the engine which is to protect the engine and the aftertreatment system. Keep in mind, not all the codes will come up on the dash.

One thing to try is to push the park brake in, foot on brake pedal, then put in gear then back to neutral, then set park brake, then let off the brake pedal. Do not touch anything else and try the dash button again. If the truck has a data error due to the modules causing what is referred to as collisions of the data, the truck may not have seen the sensors temporarily to know you are parked and not in gear. If the regen doesn't go through again this time, then have the engine scanned for faults for there is most likely a fault in the engine.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?