Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 1999 7027 skyjack--it will not move forward, it…

Customer Question
I have a 1999...

I have a 1999 7027 skyjack--it will not move forward, it will move in reverse and up and down but in forward I can hear a rumbling noise but no action.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 7027 ser. 32930

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only if it is simple, I have added hydraulic oil---it is motor driven with the drive being a hydraulic pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/30/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If you shift both forward and reverse but you can hear it trying to engage forward I would check inside the filter and oil for signs of metal or debris that would confirm an internal mechanical problem requiring further disassembly and inspection for repair or overhaul. Look for dark or discoloration in the oil as well as for burn smell. Any of these symptoms would indicate an internal mechanical problem. If clean you'll want to be sure that the shifter and gauges Fully in all positions. Reply back with the results and if you need further help with this. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.