Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Light came on looks diamond with !inside it. 262 c2 as to…

Customer Question
Light came on looks...

Light came on looks diamond with !inside it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

262 c2 as to serial number don't where it's located

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much trying to figure out if I can fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes battery light comes on a and off

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/30/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. By chance could you upload a photo of the warning indicator that you are getting? Also if you are getting the battery indicator light on I recommend testing your battery with a digital battery tester for possible internal problems with the battery such as bad cells Etc. Low voltage will cause a lot of problems and throw off the ECM causing many functions not to operate properly.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Be sure to test the battery and test all your cables and connections between the battery and the starter. Look for any shortage or corroded wiring or connector pins. If you have the optional display to check fault codes please post whatever codes you have or if you have access to Caterpillar ET software please let me know what codes you have logged in the ECM history. Test your voltage from your battery and for your charging system with the engine running to be sure that you have around two volts higher than battery voltage with the engine running. Be sure to test all your fuses for power on both sides with your key switch on and replace any fuses with power only on one side. Check all your relays as well. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this as we can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.