Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have oil In coolant on cat 3306 excavator engine. I

Customer Question
I have oil In...

I have oil In coolant on cat 3306 excavator engine . I flushed system and changed oil cooler . problem still there. Sent out head and it checked ok . Seals on injectors appear ok . We are inspecting the head gasket and an obvious failure is not evident . any suggestion's . Oil cooler is usual problem so we are going to try to test cooler . they sometimes don't test bad even when bad .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Engine is 3306 6nco06834 machine is 330 BL sn. 6DR02135

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should do it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/29/2018
Technician: Don, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Don
Don, Journeyman

Hi there my name is don

since the tests you have done turned up negative i am sure it will be the cooler

i have come across this many time

best regards

Don

Please use the star rating system at top of page so I get credit from the web site for my time,
You may still ask follow up questions at no extra charge after rating.
Thank you

u think the new oil cooler may be defective. I am lookiking to see if the injector have sleves. Oil pressurizing the cooling system troubles me.

hi there yes that is what i have come across in most cases he oring lets go

Don

Thank you

If you have any follow up questions , please do not hesitate to ask ,

If finished, please take a moment to rate my service,

It has been my pleasure to assist you

Have a great day

Don

MOrning did you still need help with this

Don