Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Turn Signal issue 2016 NPR I took a video can it be dropped…

Customer Question
Turn Signal issue 2016...

Turn Signal issue 2016 NPR I took a video can it be dropped in here strange issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Obviousle it works when it want to work when it works all lights work fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

2016 isuzu cab over with 6lgas

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced Flasher replaced Hazard switch neither resolved we have combination switch dummied it to wires still did not resolve

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a Vidoe that will explain issue we are experiencing is there a cell phone number I can send to of forward an email

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Video is to large is there a Phone I can send to or an email
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. You can upload your video to YouTube and then provide the link to the video on here. Professionals are not employees of the site and we can follow up as needed on here.
Until I can post video any ideas? Flashers and turnsdo not immediately work faint light in dash for turn signals.
Then they will work after you shut key off you must tune hazards on until faint light appear.
I have ever seen this issue
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
Prior to seeing any video I can say that the newer trucks are all Multiplex wiring now. This means that lighting circuits etc are all programmed into modules now. There are smart switches that are inputs to the modules which command the outputs to lights or whatever circuit is programmed. So for example if you were going to add a fog light circuit you would program an input at the module designated for the fog lights and then you would program one of the outputs that are empty to designate it to the fog lights that you install. So what this module does if it detects a problem in any of the lighting circuits it will shot a circuit down to protect itself from voltage spikes etc. You could have a problem in the wiring harness or the light assemblies themselves but if the module detects resistance in a circuit or a potential short it could shut a circuit down. So initially I would take a close look at the light assemblies for any damage or corrosion and verify the grounds are okay and look for any damage to the wiring or connector pins. I would start there and if it Narrows down into the module itself the dealer software would be needed for any type of software programming issues. That is where I would start and let me know.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 3 months ago
We can follow up as needed on here. Please remember to write my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.