Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

920 cat loader leaking transmission oil out of hydraulic…

Customer Question
920 cat loader...

920 cat loader leaking transmission oil out of hydraulic pump Weep hole

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Could it be the seal on the hydraulic pump allowing oil in the chamber between the transmission and hydraulic pump letting oil out of the weep hole. Only leaks when transmission is in gear and under load

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Or is it in transmission positive not hydraulic pump used dye to confirm replaced all orings and seals
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi ,My name is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and post my responses. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thank you. Can’t find anyone versed in old machines
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Whats your serial number prefix?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
62k9099
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
Will you need to check on this is at the hydraulic pump mounting if it's coming out of the small weep hole then it's a problem with the hydraulic pump itself. It would be excessive internal leakage within the pump. Use a boroscope or inspection mirror to confirm if it's coming from the pump weep hole or if it's coming between the transmission charge pump and hydraulic pump.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
If the hydraulic pump seal it is usually more than just the seal causing the pump to leak. Let me know the results and if you need further help with this. We can follow up as needed on here and please remember to take a moment to rate my answers as that is out of sight credits my time helping on the site. Five-star ratings in bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Positive it’s weep hole. Used dye in oil to confirm it is not hydraulic oil
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Positive it’s not the hydraulic pump. Dyed the oil green. Oil out of weep hole is not green so it is transmission oil
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
Thanks for the update. If it is coming from the transmission side and it would be the transmission charge pump that's leaking. I would also recommend checking the transmission filter and your suction screen for any trash or debris that would flag in internal problem occurring. It would be a good idea to run a pressure check to be sure that your pressures are all within spec as well. Let me know the results and if you need further help. We can follow up as needed on here.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanks for your help. I am want to unsubscribe from this service. If there is a one time fee for your help I can be charged to my card but I want to cancel the service
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
Customer service on the website handles all billing but yes you should be able to Beyond a question for question basis without a subscription.... They can handle all that for you. The professionals just help with the questions on here and the site credits them a portion of the question value on positive feedback and accepted answers. Please take a moment to rate my answers and if you need any further help with billing customer service handles that portion
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago
Professionals that users of the site like yourself
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson