Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a customers truck 2012 vnl volvo with d13 engine. he…

I have a customers...

I have a customers truck 2012 vnl volvo with d13 engine. he started it up a few days ago and it ran for a few moments and quit and will not start up. he had it wreckered to our shop. We have mostly detroit and cummins in our fleet but have done a little work on some older volvo motors. We checked the fuel system and believe it is all in good order. The truck will fire but will not start up. I have read about a lot of injector and cup failures and was wondering if these are some of the symptoms? Thanks, Jeff

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thank you

3/28/2018
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience: ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow-ups are free after ratings, so rate with confidence!

See if you can gas rag it or if you crank it for a long period if it will start to act like it will start uo. If so, replace the injector cups. These engines are really bad on the cups. They are so bad that Volvo quit using the brass and went back to stainless and made them thicker because of the issues with them.

It sounds like there might be cup issues on that truck.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5-star service and I want to provide a 10 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much I can back to you.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Please note: The site does the phone call requests, not I. I do not generate the request. Same as the memberships. The only thing I ask for is a positive 5-star rating, when we are finished, for my personal service to you.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician