Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

I have a 1987 MCI bus. I need to have it towed it's not

Customer Question
I have a 1987...

I have a 1987 MCI bus

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I need to have it towed it's not running I've disconnected the drive line how do I release the airbrakes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

? I'm taking it to a certified mechanic for MCI bosses they told me I had to take the drive line off before it could be towed. I don't see a boat to compress the air brakes to release anything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

But the dooleys in the back will not turn although the single axle tires behind it will turn

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just need to know how to get the wheels rolling without starting the engine so the tow driver can pull at home are to a shop
3/25/2018
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 month ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Welcome to JUST ANSWER heavy equipment. With years of experience, I look forward to doing my best to help.

What does the brake air chamber look like? Single diaphragm? Can you take a picture? Usually, there is a bolt that is removed, and it has a tee on the end, it is inserted in the hole, turned 90 degrees and is tightened. to release the brakes. The bolt comes on the chamber.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This has a double bag and no bolt hole in the bottom
Technician: Curtis B., Technician replied 24 days ago

I see the question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician