Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

277B engine oil light comes on after machine warms up.

Customer Question
277B engine oil light...

277B engine oil light comes on after machine warms up . Changed the oil and the filter twice and still having same issue. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Skid Steer 277B *CAT0277BVMDH01833*

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just changed the filter. Light came back on after that so changed the filter and the oil and light still coming on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

A mechanic here told us to flush the engine with diesel and wondering if this is a bad idea.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK, thanks

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
3/25/2018
Technician: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

DO NOT FLUSH THE ENGINE WITH DIESEL FUEL

Vey Bad Idea, hard on all the bearings

What you are describing is the oil pressure sensor is failing

I suggest replacing that

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

Where is the sensor located
No call because we are in the Bahamas

Hi

Thank you for the response

it is on the side of the block normally close to

the oil filter

That is JA robot asking for Call ,not me

I hope this helps you

Please remember to rate my answer 5-stars

So I get the credit for the question

Is it behind the oil filter or in the line between the pump and filter?

Hi

It can be in either place

but normally in the block itself

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you