Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

Peterbilt 386. Peterbiltcat13. I’m mechanic I have a shop. I…

Customer Question
Peterbilt 386 Mechanic's Assistant:...

Peterbilt 386

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

Peterbilt(###) ###-####cat13

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your truck yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’m mechanic I have a shop

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the truck mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can’t fine gauges problem on this truck can you help me

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Truck Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m working on Peterbilt 386 something wrong because gauges no work and cruise control jack brake air gauges too before I’m have Active codes from Cruise control Jack break
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Somebody is there
3/25/2018
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Daniel Wilson
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Professionals are not employees of the site so availability can vary throughout the day and evenings. We can follow up as needed on here. Please post all fault codes you have logged in your history in their entirety. Also please post your engine serial number prefix. One supposed to please allow me time to pull your information and follow up with my responses
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi dan The think he’s I don’t have codes anymore ecu and cab control module clear
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Some of your text must have been cut off. Did you mean that the truck is all set now or have you still lost gauges Cruz and Jake's?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I already revised data harness connector truck give me hall information on my laptop but nothing came from gauges
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Most of the time when you lose Jakes and cruise it is related to the clutch or brake switches. Check the Clutch and Brake switches 4 problems and proper operation as well as the wiring for damage.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m check everything ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I change cab control module in case it’s bad but Still the same
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
Also check to be sure that your engine and vehicle speed sensors are working as a speed sensor problem can also affect your symptoms. Check the speed sensors and the wiring. Let me know if you need more help. Please remember to rate my answers as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site. Five star ratings and bonuses are greatly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ever information came to my laptop pressure speed volts but nothing go up to gauges
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need more help
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
I'm mobile on my cell phone so I have no access to your schematics or anything so if this can't wait until I get back to my office I'm going to have to opt out so another professional can take over if you are in a hurry.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
I'm on Eastern Standard Time when it's 10:30 p.m. here. If this can wait until the morning then let me know or late tonight but if not let me know and I will opt out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK sounds good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can wait thank you
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Good Morning, Did you have that serial number prefix for the engine by chance?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Im going to throw some stuff in for no premium service add on as a courtesy. Click on this link for some diagrams I put together for you. Let me know the engine serial number when you have a chance.

Service info

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
LEE11762
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

Click on this link

Service info

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but this doesn’t help me I have this diagram. I told you in the beginning l checked every harness and connection already. Everything is OK.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago
If all electrical test good and you have confirmed power and ground to the gauges and the cluster is non-responsive then it is a problem inside the instrument cluster which needs to be either be replaced or sent out for repair. And for the cruise control since you have tested every switch and wire in the circuit and it all test so good that only leaves an ECM or cecu problem. Have you plugged into this with the paccar diagnostic software or caterpillar ET to monitor the parameters live in live data? That is your next step as well as possibly having the software reflashed and updated. Then as far as the cluster being dead after you have confirmed that you have power and ground there which you must because everything tested good. So it sounds like you've isolated it down to this. Let me know the results
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I change cab control and cluster this items reprogram Already but not Successful it’s something really Stranger That’s why l contacting you
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 1 month ago

And you dont have the old codes written down somewhere? Im going to opt out and let other professionals on the site chime in with their thoughts. Dont respond back or it will lock back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think I’m doing it tomorrow. I’ll connect everything back, start and move the truck. Maybe the codes will come back.
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

That is a datalink communication fault... the other modules are not recognizing the new ECM... If the harness is good and the power and grounds to the other modules it will likely be software related needing to have the Pete dealer reprogram the software so they recognize the new ECM.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
You think l have to program Ecm or cab control module?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Was the ECM already mapped to the old one?

Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Cab control module. The ECM might still need a few tweaks or parameter changes if not mapped exactly to the old one.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ecm it’s original I’m just change the cab control from another one used but same number year and model maybe both bad
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Not sure if both bad or if there is a wiring issue or the other one is not recognizing the other modules... There are a few variables it could be

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK Thanks
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Those are all Datalink communication faults... Either wire harness open circuit, or a module communication issue loss of power/ground or software/module problem

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can you fine cab control module pinout for me just to check
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 29 days ago

Let me know once accepted on the offer above and what e mail to send the link to. Also, click below.

Service info

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Kenworth and Peterbilt it’s same?
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago
It's all Paccar.... Yes...
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago
Like Chevy Silverado and GMC.... For example...
Technician: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 28 days ago
I am the one that titled the document when I saved the files....
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson