Medium and Heavy Trucks

Have truck repair questions? Ask an Expert

On a 2006 Isuzu NPR is the REAR WHEEL BEARING grease packed…

On a 2006 Isuzu...

On a 2006 Isuzu NPR is the REAR WHEEL BEARING grease packed or oil bath? I did not see grease when I took it a part but the outer wheel seal prevent the oil to lube the wheel bearings.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your truck? Engine type?

2006 Isuzu NPR 5.2L diesel

3/24/2018
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I’m Wayne.

I will be assisting you with this issue today.

Always pack them with grease inner and outer

but yes they are oil bath, fill the cavity with oil when you put it together. Make sure Diff is full or they will not get oil

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible.

I hope that I have earned a 5-star rating

Found at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.​

But the oil will wash out the grease

HI

NO, the oil will mix with the grease

this is the best way not to burn out a bearing

34;Make sure Diff is full or "THEY" will not get oil" What are you referencing to with "THEY"?

Hi

Bearings , what we were talking about

This is a 2006 Isuzu NPR and this one tow wheel seals a inner and a outer wheel seal witch prevent the differential oil to enter the bearings.

Hi

Some will pass the seal

that is why I am telling you to pack them in grease

Mercedes Benz trucks do the same thing

Wayne, Journeyman
Thank you

Welcome